Monday, August 7, 2017

15 Months in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

The Book of Mormon was the theme this week. I was able to go on exchanges with Sister Richards. She talked a lot about how the Book of Mormon is the tool that helps true conversion take place. She taught me more about contacting and teaching with the Book of Mormon. I feel my teaching is improving and the spirit is able to work more of its magic testifying of truth to the people of Mabvuku. We went and we taught Grace about the Book of Mormon. We were able to take Charles with us. Charles is doing so well and being a missionary to all his neighbors. He testified about the Book of Mormon to Grace. I haven't felt the spirit that strong many times on my mission. You know without a shadow of a doubt that is where he gained his testimony and that he will hold onto the Book of Mormon for the rest of his life. With that being said, President Monson this past conference told us that we need to keep our testimony of the Book of Mormon alive. We can't get our testimony and expect for it to stay the same by doing nothing about it. We need to study its teachings each and every day.

We were able to finally start teaching a girl called Nomatter. She is a friend of a recent convert and is progressing so well. She is very smart and has a great desire to be baptized. She is keeping all her commitments and is so excited for this Saturday! I am so excited for her too. There is nothing like being a missionary and having those you teach accept the gospel with all their heart. 

Alright, now it is time for the funnies this week. haha First off, Ishmael the runner. We taught Ishmael the Restoration. He seemed very interested and even accepted a baptismal date. The next time we come, we knock and he asks who it is so we say the missionaries. Then we hear this noise. Sister Mobeana saw Ishmael climb out the window and start to run. I honestly couldn't stop laughing. Zimbabweans can't say no so they just run away. haha Then the last funny. There is this drunk guy that always follows us when we are in a part of our area. Well this week we asked him why he was following us and he told us that he was following his princess(me). haha The struggles of a white lady in Zimbabwe. I hope they made you laugh as much as they made me laugh. 

I love being a missionary. The moments are up and down but always have joy in serving the Lord. 

I love you so much! Have a delightful week!!!

Sister Arbon








No comments:

Post a Comment