Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 10 in Zimbabwe

Hola Family and Friends,
Not going to lie this week was hard but the Lord was by my side every step of the way! I can't believe I have been in Zimbabwe for 10 weeks!
Monday: Today was a super long day. Sister Bandi and Talemwa got their hair done and it took 5 and 1/2 hours. I thought I was going to die in the Salon. haha Because the hair took so long we weren't able to do a whole lot else on pday.
Tuesday: We had Zone Meeting today. Zone meeting was awesome. Elder Chimukuzi (my district leader) gave advice about surviving mission because he is going home after this transfer. I loved it because it helped me see there are good and bad days and the good days surpass the bad days. We taught Simon about faith and repentance. I gave him fire because he wasn't keeping his commitments. I think it helped because he seems more serious. Two guys tried to hug me today. Don't worry I used my ninja moves and got out of it. hahaha We met with Tawanda and talked about temples. I love temples! Then Elder Scoresby gave me a blessing for my shoulder. The blessing comforted me so well. Scoresby said my shoulder will be healed and many Zimbabweans will hear my voice. I love being a missionary and being able to help my brothers and sisters come unto Christ.
Wednesday: I studied about faith for personal study. It helped me so much to learn more about it. It gave me hope that everything will be alright. We headed to Ivene and a combie driver gave us a free lift there. There was another guy in the car and he said to come teach him. So we followed him to his house and taught him, his brother, his sister, and mother about the Book of Mormon. So cool how the Lord puts people in your path to teach. Then we taught Sister Violet about the Book of Mormon and word of Wisdom. She is awesome. She just needs to come to church. We found this older guy and helped him with his yard and taught him a little bit. Service goes a long way.
Thursday: Weekly planning was a lot better this week. haha Then the Zone leaders came over to fix our water tank. Elder Nyamhuri made me hold his plate while he ate and made me give him water because his hands hurt. I couldn't stop laughing. We taught Victor our recent convert about missionary work. Then we taught Simon about the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. He is coming along. Then we taught Bro Phiri about the 10 commandments.
Friday: We had a lot of fall throughs so we contacted forever. Contacting is starting to bug me. I just want to teach and help people make the covenant of baptism. I know it will come if we keep working hard. Up to 35 marriage proposals. haha We taught Bro Phiri about Prayer. Then we went to the Shava's and had coordination. I love that family. They are amazing. The STLs came to do exchanges with Sister Bandi and I.
Saturday: We went to Sister Erickson and Talemwa's baptism. So good and the guy was so ready. Then I went with Sister Nafula (STL) to Ivene. A lot of appt we had fell through. We met with Sister Violet and talked about the 10 commandments. She is so ready for baptism. She just needs to come to church.Then we taught Sister Grace about pressing forward. I felt like I needed that lesson along with them. I was struggling with some things and it helped me to be a more diligent missionary. Then we taught these people that called us over to teach them. We taught them the Plan of Salvation. Elder Nyamhuri taught me how to tie a tie. He is awesome. I am going to miss him when he heads home.
Sunday: Church was fabulous! Lots of talk about temples (my favorite subject!) Then we taught Trish about the Restoration. She is a girlfriend of a guy in our ward. Then we taught Moses about the priesthood. Then we chatted to Sister Faith because she has been struggling. Then we saw Sister Violet again and talked to her about temples. Made me miss my Ogden Utah temple.
I love being a missionary! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I love my Zimbabwe!
Love,
Sister Arbon








No comments:

Post a Comment