Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 48 in Zimbabwe!!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

What I can say about this week is ...... it was amazing!!!! We were able to start teaching Bro Ngwenya's wife about the gospel. Her kids have never told her about it. My favorite moment of the lesson was when Bro Ngwenya bore his testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. I hope I get to see him enter the waters of baptism because I am staying in Mbizo with Sister Wells for one more transfer. That would be my highlight to see him be baptized. We are finding more and more people to teach. We contacted a guy named Tinashe and he came to church. He left though before we got his info. We had a fall through and I just felt like we should walk up the street to a members house. The members weren't there and when we turned around to go somewhere else low and behold Tinashe was there. I love that if we listen to the spirit the work of the Lord goes so much better. We started talking to Tinashe and got his info. He told us he wanted to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We committed him to baptism then and there. One of the easiest baptismal dates I have ever given on mission. I love how the Lord puts His children in the path of the missionaries to help them progress. We had zone meeting and I loved this quote: 

"We are unwavering and energetic in fulfilling our purpose in earnestly and consistently finding, teaching and baptizing families and individuals into the household of God." - Elder Robison
I loved this quote! It truly shows that we always need to be working hard to do the Lord's will. My most favorite part of the week......GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!! Some of my favorite quotes:
"Be willing to stand out, speak up and be different from the world." Pres Nelson
"It takes different voices to make beautiful music." Elder Holland
"Don't fear just live right." Elder Sabin
"Sin resistant doesn't mean sinless." Sister Jones
"We need to preach what we practice." Elder Chistoffersen
I love hearing from the words of the prophet and his apostles. I learned that we are not perfect and we won't be in this life. We are here to improve through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I urge you to do this by daily pray, daily study of the Book of Mormon, partaking of the sacrament every week, and attending the temple as often as possible. I love this gospel and I know if we live these principles we will live with Heavenly Father again.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!
Sister Arbon




No comments:

Post a Comment