Saturday, June 10, 2017

Week 56 in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was a lot better than last week. I am starting to figure out the area and actually not get lost. haha Starting to find my place in Mabvuku. The people are so kind and sweet. Speaking of the people there are some that truly have helped me to recognize God's love in everyone's life. We were able to see a man named Douglas. He got burned by acid. His nose, ear, and eyes are scared over and he has limited hearing. But he wanted to learn more about Christ even though he had to strain to hear it and often we had to repeat ourselves but his outlook on life amazed me. Even though he had challenge after challenge he still always looks for the good and doesn't dwell on the bad. It opened my eyes because sometimes when something small like a hair or our make up is out of place and we let that throw off our whole day. He helped me to realize no matter the situation there is always good to appreciate. Then Aisha, she is progressing so well. We gave her a Book of Mormon and asked her to pray about it. The next time we came she told us about it. She was doubting that the Book of Mormon was true but she put Moroni's promise to the test. She read, pondered and prayed about the Book of Mormon. She said she felt so happy and she knows without a doubt it is true. I want to urge you if you don't have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon to put Moroni's promise to the test and truly read it, ponder it's teachings and pray and ask God if it is true! I know that if you pray with a sincere heart you will come to know it is true and come closer to the Savior more than any other book. We were also able to visit MaiIan. She is a cute mom of a recent convert. Her husband deserts her all the time and won't help with school fees or food but she has the most positive attitude that everything will work out. I love that the gospel always brings joy, the true joy we can only receive through Jesus Christ. 

A couple quotes I enjoyed during studies this week:

"Those who do not see their weaknesses do not progress. Your awareness of your weakness is a blessing as it helps you remain humble and keeps you turning to the Savior." ~ President Eyring

"Certain women[and men] are disciples centered in the Savior Jesus Christ and have hope through the promise of His atoning sacrifice.
~ Linda K. Burton

I love these quotes because the first shows that even though we recognize our weakness it is a good attribute because if we didn't recognize then we wouldn't realize what we needed to change. The second quote helped me to realize how important it is to be centered on the Savior. When we are centered or certain about the Savior we can get through any trial with a smile on our face. I love this gospel and I am truly humbled that the Savior trusted me to help Him teach His brothers and sisters. 

I love you all and hope you have a joyful week!!!

Sister Arbon








No comments:

Post a Comment