Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 74 in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was a delightful week. We have a couple of investigators that are progressing so well. First off, I would like to tell you about Lindan and Ryan. Lindan is the mother of Ryan. They are so cute and love learning. Sister Leslie taught them with her past companion. They want us to come and teach them frequently. They are loving the Book of Mormon. They are excited to be baptized this Saturday! 

Then we have Lisa and Gugulettu. They are powerful sisters. They love the teachings and want us to come every day. They are reading the Book of Mormon and loving it. Their struggle is coming to church. Gugu had washing and Lisa went to her other church. We were able to see them yesterday and discuss the importance of the Sabbath Day. Also we discussed if you know the Book of Mormon is true it means that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church. It seemed like it finally clicked. Hopefully they will enter the waters of baptism the Saturday before I go home. 

Then we have a powerful boy named Arnold. He came to church with a friend(who was also investigating) but that friend stopped coming. Arnold came with two other friends to church. We were able to hit hard the Book of Mormon and I honestly think it will change their lives more than they can imagine. 

General Conference was my favorite part of the week! I received answers to my questions and drive to become better. Some or many of the quotes I loved: 

"Blessings will come because of our choices not abilities." Pres Uchtdorf
"Remember who you are!" Pres Uchtdorf
"Who needs me today?" Sister Oscarson
"God has important work for each of us." Elder Pingree Jr.
"If we are trying to improve, we are not hypo critics but humans." Elder Holland
"It isn't where we serve but how we serve." Elder Cook
"Somethings matter but somethings don't." Sister Marriott 
"Hard will be good for those who go forward in faith and trust in His plan." Elder Ellis 
"Service with out love is like faith without works is dead." Elder Alonso

I loved this conference it helped us to remember who we are and it gave us great motivation to become better. 

Some funnies: 

I was told I look like I am from Israel. 
I was called Sister Akaborn. haha
"When we keep the law of chasity our lips are dry." Recent Convert Romeo. haha

I love being a missionary. It is hard, fun, enjoying, and stretching. I wouldn't trade my time in Zimbabwe for anything. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Sister Arbon 










No comments:

Post a Comment