Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Week 77 in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was the fastest week of my mission. I felt like I blinked and the week was gone. I would love to tell you about Lindani and Jacob. Lindani is a powerful recent convert. She loves the gospel and wants all her friends, neighbors and loved ones to have the gospel also. She keeps referring us to her friends to teach. Some are interested, some aren't but I love how she knows the great blessing of the gospel and how we should share it with others. Not going to lie the work is going down. Seems to be the usual for me. haha The work progresses when the members are helping the missionaries by either teaching with them and especially giving them people to teach. I know missionary work can be scary and something we are scared to do. But I promise you if you pray for opportunities to share the gospel and trust in the Lord that He will help you to know what to do and what to say everything thing will turn out just right. 

Now, I would love to write about Jacob. He is so powerful!! This past week we taught Jacob the Book of Mormon and then the next visit we asked if he prayed to see if it was true. He told us he feels different when he reads the Book of Mormon and knows it is true because he is learning more about his Savior Jesus Christ. He hasn't drank alcohol since we talked to him about it and he was at 5 cigarettes now he is down to 1 or 2.  Our goal is to have his baptism after church on Sunday so I could see it before I leave Zimbabwe. 

While I was running this week a thought or picture came to my mind. I was thinking everyone has a part to play in life. I imagined a canvas. God was the artist, Christ was the paint brush and we were the paint. God is the brains of the operation. Christ makes it possible so we can be apart of the picture. We are the paint to add color or uniqueness to the beautiful picture of life. It might not make sense but it made sense to me. 

Heavenly Father is so merciful. He knows we would be painfully imperfect and would make mistakes. But He knew how important it was for each of us to grow through these mistakes. He sent His Son so we could become clean and better if we choose too. I love being a missionary. I wish I could serve forever. 

I love you all! Have a fantastic week!!!

Sister Arbon 

No comments:

Post a Comment