Sunday, October 22, 2017

Week 75 in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was a crazy busy week. We had zone conference, exchanges with the STLs, and 2 baptisms. Zone Conferences are one of my favorite things. I always learn so much from President and Sister Mkhabela. We discussed a lot about obedience, humility, and the importance of having a testimony. President asked the question, "Who gained their testimony of the Book of Mormon here on mission?" It was crazy to see all the hands that were in the air. I honestly don't think I could have left home and go miles away without the testimony that I had of the gospel. Gaining a testimony is so vital because it helps us to truly trust in the Lord and act on what He teaches us to do. Some of the quotes I loved at zone conference:

"You either have pain of discipline or the pain of regret." Sister Mkhabela
"To know the truth we need to live the gospel." Elder Evans
"Without knowing everything, we can know the truth." Elder Evans
"You cannot defend the Book of Mormon, the Book of Mormon defends itself." President Mkhabela
"Work harder each day to receive salvation." President Mkhabela

Then I had exchanges with Sister Park. She is an amazing missionary. She always has her purpose on her lips. I learned a lot about how important it is to be lovingly bold. She is quiet but has a voice that everyone turns to hear. I learned a lot about how we should be sharing the gospel always. By asking everyone for referrals and sharing the gospel with everyone you can. 

Then it was Lindan and Ryan's baptism last Saturday. They are so cute. I love them. Their baptism was cute, simple and so peaceful. Ryan was scared of the water but the third time was a charm. Lindan used to have dreads but she cut them before her baptism. She said, "New hair, for my new life." I loved it. She was/is ready to make the change to follow her Savior Jesus Christ. 

I am so grateful to be a missionary. I have learned more than I have ever thought I could possible. haha I will never forget the experiences I had and am having in my Zimbabwe. 

I love you all! Have a great week! 

Sister Arbon






No comments:

Post a Comment