Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 20 in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was a crazy but fun filled week. I truly love my area. The people are so humble and receptive to the gospel. We had a baptism this week. Willard was a referral from an amazing recent convert family. He understands everything so well. He was so ready for baptism. We found this guy named Happy. He is a father and came to church 2 Sundays in a row. It amazes me how dedicated some people are to come to church. Even if it takes more than an hour to walk there. Our branch is amazing and is getting so big. Hopefully it will become a ward soon soon. There is a girl named Rachel that came to church with a less active. She is so prepared. She is 17 and she understands everything so well. Bro Mpala is like the Zimbabwean version of grandpa John. haha He is being stubborn about accepting a baptismal date. But he sorta agreed to the 22nd of October. So excited for him! We had a FHE with the Chipisani family. We played games and talked about getting to the temple. They will definitely be there in a year. I made cookies and they loved them. Grandma Sherlene your recipes do wonders here in Africa! I love the gospel. I love that I get to devote 18 months to the Lord and share my testimony with God's children everyday. 

I love you guys! Have a fabulous week!

Sister Arbon









No comments:

Post a Comment