Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 21 in Zimbabwe!

Dear Family and Friends, 

I hope you all had a delightful weekend of General Conference. General Conference sure made my weekend. Our stake got to watch the Saturday Morning and Sunday morning sessions live. It was weird to think that it was morning in the United States and that it was the evening here in Zimbabwe. I loved how conference was about prayer, the Book of Mormon, and Joy! My favorite talk was by President Nelson about Joy! Joy makes it possible to endure anything and everything and guess what the only way to get joy is through the Savior. We also had zone conference this week which was amazing as well! We learned a lot about repentance and how to become better missionary. So grateful for the spirit and how it can help direct us to those who are ready to receive the gospel and ways that we can be a better missionary. We got to teach Bro Mpala. He knows he needs to be baptized but will not commit to a date which is a little frustrating but it is God's timing and not ours. Hopefully he commits soon though. Fingers crossed! Bro Happy came to conference which was amazing. He is progressing super well but getting married will halt the process a little bit. We went on companionship exchanges also this week. Sister Dyantyisi and I went with Sister Bergen. She is an amazing STL. We learned a lot about extending commits and what commits truly help people to change and come closer to Christ!

I love being a missionary! I love serving the people of Zimbabwe. I am grateful Heavenly Father chose where I was to serve so I can learn and grow to be the best disciple of Christ I can be. It isn't about ourselves but the people we are serving. We have the talents that are needed to help others progress and be able to return and live with God again! 

Love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Arbon












No comments:

Post a Comment