Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 25 in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a great week. Lots of adjusting and working hard! I love my new area Epworth! The people are so amazing and want to learn about Christ! What can I say I love teaching about Christ so you could definitely say it is a win-win situation. haha One of the first people we visited in our area is a momma named Sister Katonikia. She comes to church every week and has a testimony of someone who has been a member for years but her husband doesn't want to come to church and he has to come at least once I think to get married. I love her. Every time she talks about the gospel the spirit hits you like a train! I hope soon we can figure it out so she can be baptized. In Epworth hardly anyone speaks English so we have to rely on translators a lot. Thank goodness the members love to work with us. We got a referral for 2 pastors who want to learn more about our teachings. So we went over there and started teaching the plan of salvation. It surprised me when we asked them why we are on earth and they couldn't answer. They seemed so intrigued. Their son couldn't put the Book of Mormon down. I love how the spirit can truly testify to people and help guide people to the truth and receive the true joy of the gospel. In the area the kids love white people (murrungues). They will follow Sister Jones and I and will chant in shona. Adorable! Before church yesterday I read a talk by Elder Oaks from a 2008 conference about the sacrament. He talked a lot about how preparing is so crucial. I tried extra hard to be reverent and truly thinking about my baptismal covenant and the promises I made with my Heavenly Father. We covenanted to always remember His son and to take His name upon us. I am so grateful to be a missionary and to see the Saviors role in my life. He is my strength, support, and especially my Savior and Redeemer. Rely on the Lord! He is the only one that can help us have and receive true joy and exaltation. A funny that happened this week was that I got called Mr. Arbon not Mrs. but Mr. super funny!!! 

I love you all! I hope you have a great week!

Sister Arbon







No comments:

Post a Comment