Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 35 in Zimbabwe!!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was a great week to be in Mpopoma! Tenotenda was baptized on Sunday. He is a 10 year old that is a part of a family that are members but the father is less active. So the mom came up to us one of my first Sundays in Mpopoma and asked if we could teach him and help him to be baptized. Heavenly Father doesn't usually hand baptisms on a silver platter so we of course jumped at the chance. He loved and understood the lessons so well. I think we were sent to help him and his less active dad. So one day they can be sealed in the temple as a family for eternity. Then as we were out and about contacting I started talking to this Gogo but she didn't understand any English. But the crazy thing is she took us into her house. We were able to get to know them a little bit and share our purpose. I love how Heavenly Father leads us to His children. I hope we can meet with this sweet family and help them grow closer to Christ. Then we were teaching Brother Chiwota about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon and he just kept saying this doctrine is so true. I just love all the teachings. I love how the gospel gives light and joy to people's lives because it is centered around Jesus Christ. Then we had Exchanges with the STLs. They were so amazing. I got to be with Sister Erickson. I loved every second. I loved seeing how much we both have grown over the past couple of months not living in the same house. She was always there for me when I was struggling. It was good to rekindle that friendship and be able to talk to her again. I love how the Lord sends angels to help His children when they are struggling. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to learn and grow here in Zimbabwe. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else at this time. Even though mission is really hard at times it is also the greatest blessing. I love the Lord and how He is always there for us. He always gives us the experiences we need to grow and reach our full potential. I love the Lord's work and that I get to help my brothers and sisters come closer to our glorious Savior and Redeemer! 

A funny this week: I was at Tenotenda's house and the Baba called me Elder Alma. I am now a scripture hero that has the priesthood. haha I honestly think this is one of the best names I have gotten. 

I hope you all have a great week full of the spirit!

Sister Arbon







No comments:

Post a Comment