Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 37 in Zimbabwe!!!!

Dear family and friends,
This week was an adventure in Mbizo, Kwekwe! First, our house was a little zing (problematic). haha We didn't have any pots, pans, or silverware for the first 2 days. So we didn't really eat. Now we have everything but wardrobes and kitchen cabinets. So we are getting there. haha The first day we were heading to meet the Bishop and we hit a huge pothole and the tire popped. Then this baba (father) came to the rescue. He helped change our tire. So we said the best thing we can repay you with is the gospel of Jesus Christ. He agreed. We made an appointment to meet with him the next day. We saw him and started teaching about the Plan of Salvation with him and his wife. At the end he was like I want my whole family to be taught. Then we went and saw him and his whole family. They loved the Plan of Salvation and we invited them to be baptized. The Baba agreed and so did the oldest son. The mom doesn't think she needs to be baptized again. I can't wait to teach them the Restoration and teach them about the priesthood. So they understand the need to be baptized in Christ's church. There was a day where we just decided to go around our house to find new investigators. Then the fix it guy said he was coming to fix some things so we tried to find our house and it took us over an hour and then finally the fix it guy had to find us and help us home. haha Low and behold we only needed to go one more street. haha The family, the Sitholes, invited us over for a dinner on Saturday. They love the missionaries every week. They are an amazing family. You can tell they have adapted to the gospel culture and love it with every fiber of their being. It makes you excited to have a family grow in the gospel in the future and know how much joy it brings your family. Then sacrament meeting: it was one of the most spiritual sacraments I have ever had. We sang I stand all Amazed. I started to cry because the week was tough with white washing and the house. Then I felt Christ next to me being my support and helping relieve the burdens that I had. Then I felt encouragement from Him telling me I can do it. I truly am grateful for the Savior and how He is always there for us and is always there to help us. I know this is Christ's true church. That Joseph Smith is a true prophet that helped restore Christ's church back to the earth. I am grateful he received the priesthood power to enable us to make covenants with Heavenly Father and translate the Book of Mormon. I know it is the most correct book on earth and when we live the principles that are taught in it we will come closer to Jesus Christ!
I hope you have a fabulous week!

Sister Arbon









No comments:

Post a Comment