Friday, March 17, 2017

Week 44 in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

Another blessed week in Zimbabwe! I have some good news and bad news. Bro Ngwenya won't be able to be baptized this weekend because things came up. He isn't letting it get him down. He is still pushing forward. Now to the good news! We were able to visit Bro Raiger. This man's testimony is amazing! He loves the Book of Mormon and he loves the gospel and how it uplifts us and makes us better. It helped me to see what great blessing we have to be a member of the church and the knowledge we have of our Beloved Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement! Then we were with teaching Sister Ali and her daughter Lucy about the Book of Mormon. Sister Ali was eating it up and loving it. She said, "This church makes you work, but I love it because it is the true church!" I am excited for her to enter the waters of baptism soon. Bro Pedzei amazes me every time we see him. He has trial after trial hit him. The government beat him up for something dumb, family thinks the church is a bunch of Satanist and so much more. But every time we visit him he bears his testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and how the Savior is there helping him every step of the way. I love being a missionary and helping my brothers and sisters come unto the truth. Then we had stake conference in Gweru. I felt like I was back at home (in Zimbabwe). I was able to see a lot of people I know in the Gweru ward. I got to see Sister Shava! She is my Zimbabwean mother for sure. There were a couple of quotes I loved from the conference from Elder S. Mark Palmer of the Seventy:

 "Our temple recommend shows that we stand with the Lord." and "No trial is too great to go to the temple."

I loved these quotes because it shows how important the temple is and how we should  always remain worthy so we can enter the temple. I am grateful to be a missionary and to serve my Savior Jesus Christ and help Him do His work! 

Have a lovely week!!!

Sister Arbon







No comments:

Post a Comment