Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Week 45 in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was a great week to be a Zimbabwe missionary. We had a zone conference this week! It was so good! I learned a lot about becoming and being a better missionary. I learned a lot about what repentance truly is and how as a missionary you need to repent before you call others to repentance. Some of the quotes I loved:

Sis Mkhabela: "We need to make Christ our priority." 
"You can't finish how you started."
"We start inward and then go outward."
Elder Wilken:
"Are you serving time or the Lord?"
President Mkhabela:
"We become perfect by repeating."
"Wherever you go take your hear with you."
"Your message comes second to your love for your investigators."
Elder Bednar:
"We need to remember the most important part of repentance is the Redeemer."
"Begin with the end in mind."
Elder Oaks:
"Conversion is a process that starts after baptism and continues throughout your life."

I loved these quotes! They teach us a lot about what we need to do as missionaries. Brother Ngwenya is one of my favorites. We were asking him if he would come to church on Sunday. We thought he would say no because of his baptism being postponed but he said, "Try and stop me sisters from coming to church." We said we won't. haha I love how our investigators and recent converts are becoming truly converted and not letting challenges derail them. Givemore is coming back to church! When I saw him this Sunday I was so excited. Sometimes we get lost and confused but we shouldn't let that get in the way. If we strive to always follow Christ we will be always find joy and overcome our challenges! Lee Matina was baptized this week! He loved the lessons and always took them seriously. He was so excited to be baptized! After he was baptized and confirmed he couldn't stop smiling and being happy. This is why I love being a missionary. I love helping my brothers and sisters come to know their Savior! If you are struggling I urge you to read and pray about the Book of Mormon again or start reading it if you haven't started reading it yet. It is what helped me to truly know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and Christ's church once again restored to the earth. I am grateful for the priesthood and how it helps us to make covenants and do ordinances that enable us to live with our Heavenly Father again!

Have a divine week full of the spirit!

Sister Arbon

A funny: Victor(ward missionary) told me my skin is as soft as a sandwich. haha 






No comments:

Post a Comment