Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 46 in Zimbabwe!!!!

Dear family and friends, 

This week was a blessed week in Mbizo and in Mabvukvu. Sister Wells and I went on exchanges this week. It was a breathe of fresh air. I got to see Sister Erickson! Love her and so grateful for her friendship! We were able to learn so much from our STLs on how to find new investigators and be better teachers of the gospel. I love that we get to learn from our leaders and learn to be better missionaries.
Our district leader came up with a KweKwe District vision. 
Always strive for:
1-Improvement
2-Obedience
3-Diligence
I loved this vision. It helps us to truly show us we always need to be working hard to improve and strive to follow the Savior and His example. We were able to visit a referral this week. Her name is Pamela. Pamela has been looking for a true church to join. She has gone to many churches and has seen some of the things they do and how servants of God shouldn't be doing these kind of things. It testified to me that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true. I love how our leaders are doing things the way the Lord wants it to be done. The leaders don't do it for money, they do it for their Lord and helping their brothers and sisters come closer to Christ. We visited Bro Ngwenya this week. He surprises me every week with how much he is progressing. This week he told us all the things he learns from the scriptures and how it applies to him. Also he testified to us about repentance and how it brings joy. I love that Heavenly Father lets me be an instrument in His hand and help His children learn of truth. Then we saw Ali and Lucy. We were able to finish the lessons with them for their baptism this Saturday. They love the lessons and always tell us how much they know the church is true. I love being a missionary and serving the Lord. 
I found this quote and thought it applied to everyone: 
"We should not worry that we are not professionally trained gospel teachers. No training class or manual is as helpful as personally studying our scriptures, praying, pondering and seeking the guidance of the Holy Spirit."
 (Elder Robert D. Hales Nov 2016 Ensign)
I love this quote because it shows us what we need to do to become the best us to help Heavenly Father and His work go forth. I love this gospel and how it always helps us to improve. 

Have a delightful week!!!

Sister Arbon


No comments:

Post a Comment