Monday, May 2, 2016

Africans can't play volleyball

Hello Everybody,
The flight, not going to lie, was terrible. 15 hours on a plane killed me. The first night in the MTC was hard but the Holy Ghost pushed me through. All the the missionaries arrived Thursday. There are a total of 6 sisters and 17 Elders. My companion's name is Sister Dyantyisi. Can't really pronounce her name. She is from South Africa. haha Grandpa there is one from Samoa here. haha Also there is an Elder Van Meirek. No idea how to say his name but his name is dutch and he has been flirting with me. Such a dinker. haha Every time he talks to me I think about grandpa telling me I would find my husband that is dutch in the mtc. bahaha. I have two teachers named Brother Moshani and Sister Molomo. They are awesome and I am learning so much from them. We got pretend investigators the second night in the mtc. (they are the teachers) My companion and I have been struggling with teaching. Last night though we finally started clicking and we taught with the spirit. That is truly an amazing feeling. On Sunday we had church in the MTC. That was weird but really good. We had a relief society/elders quorm lesson by the mtc pres and his wife. She spoke about how Heavenly Father is protecting and keeping things at home. This reasurred me that this is where I am suppose to be. She also gave us a motto ALL IN! So that is my motto for my mission. The food here is less sweet. I would not have thought the mtc could have so much gluten but it does. I try not to eat it. So don't worry, I am healthy as a horse. haha We get to exercise every day which is great and so relaxing. We played volleyball yesterday. All I can say is that Africans can't play volleyball. haha If you have certain questions please ask me than I will answer you because I am not sure what to tell you guys. I want to bare my testimony that the mtc is a powerful place. My testimony and faith has grown more than I thought it could. I know the Savior lives and that He performed the Atonement that we have the opportunity to have its enabling and cleansing power. I am so excited to go to Zim. They are so ready so hear God's love!
Lots of Love,
Sister Arbon








No comments:

Post a Comment