Sunday, July 30, 2017

Week 63 in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was an interesting week to say the least. haha We had a lot of fall throughs but a lot of blessings in return. We were able to have an FHE with an amazing family in our ward. The Maumbe's help so much when it comes to missionary work. I swear they give us a referral every week. We talked about charity at the FHE. The spirit hit me. Charity is truly everything. We can't become like Christ if we don't have that quality. We need to seek and pray for that quality Moroni 7:48. Charity is especially important in missionary work. You need to truly love the people you are serving because if we don't love them and value their salvation than we won't give them the most precious gift... the gospel. We had a lesson fall through so we decided to go visit Sister Jeri. We were able to talk to her and she gave us words of encouragement. We were wondering if anyone even wanted to listen to us but she comforted us and told us everything happens for a reason and that we shouldn't put ourselves down. Bad things do happen to good people. Heavenly Father has angels everywhere. Either ones we can see or ones we cannot see. Sister Jeri was an angel for us this week. 

Then we went and visited Charles after his baptism during the week. We were reviewing the lessons. He tells us that there is no way that anyone can tell me my church is wrong. I loved how he said my church. Sometimes we need to step back and truly count our blessings of what we have. We have the fullness of the everlasting gospel. We have the priesthood to do saving ordinances that will eventually let us enter the kingdom of God. 

Besley and Gamu were baptized this week. They are the cutest kids ever! They were so good at remembering what we taught them. They passed their interviews with flying colors. Thanks to the Spirit being the teacher. :) What impressed me most was that Gamu at 10 years old came to her baptism by herself and arrived right when we asked her to. I thought to myself, would I be courageous enough to do that? The baptism was great and filled with the spirit. 

This week even though it had its challenges it was a week full of blessings. I am grateful to be Jesus Christ's missionary and to serve my brothers and sisters in Zimbabwe! 

I love you all and hope you have a blessed week!!!

Love, 

Sister Arbon











No comments:

Post a Comment