Friday, December 2, 2016

Week 28 in Zimbabwe!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week has been a crazy week. We had exchanges so we weren't in our area a whole lot this week. I loved exchanges. Our STLs are powerful sisters. I saw a lot of amazing people in Bindura. There was this one family that live hours from the church. I think around 5 or 6 hours away and they wake up early every Sunday to get there and they are always on time. It made me think how much we take for granted going to church. We complain sometimes if we have to drive 10 minutes to church but people here in Zimbabwe are so willing to walk hours on end to be able to partake of the sacrament to be able to renew their baptismal covenant. A couple of things I learned on exchanges: teaching simply and clearly will help the people to be able to understand and feel the spirit and compliments can go a long way. I have been struggling a bit with my teaching and Sister Steg told me "you are a good teacher." I am grateful Heavenly Father sends people to help His children when they are struggling and need a little encouragement. So when you see someone that looks cute, tell them but don't be creepy about it. haha Also if someone is doing well, tell them. Don't let pride get in the way! I got to ride in a combie for the first time in 2 months. I missed it but I am grateful we have a car. So Simon is getting baptized this week!!!! We are so excited for him. Once he decided he wanted to be baptized he did all he needed to get there. I love seeing the spirit truly testify to people that the gospel is true and seeing Heavenly Father's sons and daughters acting on the spirit. 

A funny this week: Our awesome member who works with us every Saturday and Sunday named Langton said this, "When we are full of the spirit, we are fullish!" I thought it was super funny and I hope you do too!

Have a great week!

Sister Arbon









No comments:

Post a Comment