Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Week 30 in Zimbabwe!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was an amazing week! It was definitely guided by Heavenly Father. On Monday night we did Thanksgiving. Sadly enough Turkey is apana(none) in Zimbabwe so we had chicken instead. We went around and told each other what we were thankful for. It was very emotional. This was the best transfer yet for all of us. We have gotten along so well and have grown together. I am sad to leave these Sisters. I am headed to Bulawayo. My new companion is my trainer Sister Bandi. I am excited for the new adventure ahead. I was running this week and the wind was blowing against me and I was thinking it would just make the run easier if the wind was pushing me forward. I thought this applied to life: when the wind is pushing against us it is the time Heavenly Father is testing us and we need to keep pressing forward. Then those times when we need a little support Heavenly Father pushes us forward like the wind does at times. We needed this wind this weekend. We went to the church to prepare for the wedding and while we were there Sister Katonika calls us crying. So we hurried to her house to see what was going on. Her husband delayed at work on purpose to try and get out of having the wedding. Don't worry we talked to him and he came back to his home to get ready. Then we headed to the church an hour late but everything worked out. The wedding was so cute. Then it was time for the baptism and there was no water. Everything that could go wrong for Sister Katonika did go wrong. Satan knows how powerful that woman is and was doing his best to discourage her but Satan forgot that Heavenly Father was on our side. You always win with Him on your side. So with the water problem we had to push it to Sunday to after church. When we got to church the font was broken so the water was leaking out. But we managed to fill it full enough to be able to baptize Sister Katonika, Fadzai, Marvelous, Charmaine, and Munyarodzi. They were so ready. I am going to miss Epworth and miss being companions with Sister Jones. But Heavenly Father needs me in Bulawayo. 

I love you all and hope you have a fabulous week!

Sister Arbon




No comments:

Post a Comment